Eco Friendly Holiday Ideas
With the holidays around the corner, it is time to start thinking about sustainable ideas! Here are easy ways to make your holidays more eco-friendly:
- Wrap gifts in repurposed packaging. Unused maps and paper bags work great as paper alternatives, and recycled comics are the perfect wrapping solution for kid-friendly gifts.
- Repurpose used ribbons and bows. Keep all ribbons, bows, or gift bags that come your way. You will save a trip to the store, money and breathe new life into those gift-wrap accessories.
- Send paperless holiday cards.
- Avoid single-use dinnerware.
- Buy energy-saving LED holiday lights.
- Recycle your Christmas tree.
- Handmake gifts. Homemade ornaments, picture frames, handmade soap or candles make great gifts.
- Gift fun experiences instead of products.
- Stuff stockings with yummy and healthy treats like dried fruit, nuts and homemade holiday cookies.
- Give a gift that helps someone go greener. Think: reusable grocery bags, a pretty water bottle, stainless steel straws.
America Recycles Week
We are excited to celebrate America Recycles Week (November 14-21)! There are many reasons to recycle. Whatever your reason, thank you for making a positive difference for people and planet!
Here are seven wonderful benefits of recycling:
- Recycling becomes new things
- Recycling adds up
- Recycling is part of a thriving community
- Recycling protects natural resources and reduces waste
- Recycling helps reduce litter and keeps communities clean
- Recycling helps create a better planet for our children and future generations
McDonald’s phasing out plastic Happy Meal toys
McDonald’s is phasing out plastic toys in the 1 billion Happy Meals it serves each year.
Plastic will be replaced with sustainable materials like paper and bio-based materials.
National Van Demand and Capacity
Check out this trend line – we’re at about 5 ½ loads needed per van available across the country. Slightly better in MO and a few other states – but still higher than the peak of Covid shutdown time.
Moral of the story…get orders placed and transportation scheduled as soon as available. Thanks for the continued business!