Eco Friendly Holiday Ideas
With the holidays around the corner, it is time to start thinking about sustainable ideas! Here are easy ways to make your holidays more eco-friendly:
- Wrap gifts in repurposed packaging. Unused maps and paper bags work great as paper alternatives, and recycled comics are the perfect wrapping solution for kid-friendly gifts.
- Repurpose used ribbons and bows. Keep all ribbons, bows, or gift bags that come your way. You will save a trip to the store, money and breathe new life into those gift-wrap accessories.
- Send paperless holiday cards.
- Avoid single-use dinnerware.
- Buy energy-saving LED holiday lights.
- Recycle your Christmas tree.
- Handmake gifts. Homemade ornaments, picture frames, handmade soap or candles make great gifts.
- Gift fun experiences instead of products.
- Stuff stockings with yummy and healthy treats like dried fruit, nuts and homemade holiday cookies.
- Give a gift that helps someone go greener. Think: reusable grocery bags, a pretty water bottle, stainless steel straws.
Happy Holidays from all of us at EnviroPAK! And remember, REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE!
Environmentally conscious since 1995