Five Things That Define a Sustainable Business
Eco-Business Aims to Identify Attributes to Convey Commitment
Sustainability is (or by now should be) on every corporation’s main agenda. The movement is growing globally and businesses want their different audiences to know that they are taking steps to become more sustainable. Here are five things that define what a sustainable business looks like:
- A sustainable business should operate with integrity and respect fundamental principles in the areas of human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption.
- Sustainable companies look beyond their own walls and take actions to support the societies around them.
- Leadership must send a strong signal throughout the organization that sustainability counts. This means taking action in key areas such as training and motivating employees to engage in sustainability and pushing sustainability into the supply chain.
- Sustainable companies value long-term relationships that are based on trust and transparency.
- Sustainable companies should understand they exist and act within nations and communities that have different ideas about responsible business.
To read full article on eco-business.com, please click HERE.